Our client is a well-established, family-run business based just north of the city centre. They are suppliers to the engineering and industrial sectors.
They are seeking a Stock Controller to work in the Purchasing team, to maintain an accurate stock inventory and deal with the day to day activity of a busy department.
Duties will include:
- Oversee and assume responsibility for maintaining accurate physical stock levels
- Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained & updated accurately
- Liaise closely with Purchasing and Warehouse department
- Organise stocktake rotation plan
- Preparation of daily inventory sheets and undertake regular daily stocktakes
- Investigate thoroughly stock discrepancies
- Alert the Purchasing department of missing stock, and discuss any unexplained patterns of stock movement
- Undertake consignment stock checks at off-site locations
Previous experience in a stock control or warehouse environment would be an advantage.
You will have excellent IT & communication skills and be flexible in your approach to the role. A full driving licence and car are required for this role as you will need to visit other sites to stock check (mileage paid)
This is an excellent chance to join a friendly and passionate team who will provide support and training and future opportunity!
Mon - Fri, 8.00 - 5.00, 1 hr lunch, 40 hours p/week